Saturday 9 July 2011

Sims 3: Back to basics.

Wow! Two posts in one day ~ aren't you a bunch of lucky Muppets!
Okay, so as I've been spamming out on Sims 3 all day I thought it might be worth it to actually do a proper post on it. Like I've recently mention I wasted my monthly pocket money (wow... you really wouldn't think I'm 20 would ya xD) on the Sims 3 pack on steam, which contained: Late Night, World Adventures, Ambitions, Generations, Fast Lane Stuff, High-End Loft Stuff, and Outdoor Living Stuff. What a package, eh?!?!

Okay! Here we go! Simple update from me, I spend MORE time on playing around with customisation of everything rather than actually playing the sim I've created. Especially with total sim facial/body customisation compared to the older versions I can happily spend at least 30 mins on a character... Now there is a slight problem with all Sim games - you can cheat too easily. Yes this gives people such as myself full reign to whatever they want to do, but for those who just want to 'play' the game it becomes too tempting to pop in a quick money cheat just to buy that new pc upgrade.
Now who doesn't cheat on the Sims? Everyone does it! I don't even understand why my sim houses even have bathrooms or kitchens... They have no need to eat or wash... But as they're in this nice fancy house I spend (at least) a day making - what really is the point?
So now I've decided something... I'm gonna make a new single sim and make her LIVE the game... Earn money and progressively upgrade her property, oh and maybe learn to cook! No cheats involved - except that my ageing is turned off... But I don't personally call that a cheat - I mean they give you a button to check if you want it on or off - simples!

Since Rift is my current main MMO I shall try and attempt to create my lovely warrior tank Yam, and as the sims REALLY doesn't like her not having a surname she is now known as: Yam Yam. I honestly couldn't remember how long I spend customising her but it was long enough - especially when the game really didn't like her hair style and kept trying to change it for me, meaning more time was wasted at the end when I realised I spent 950 of my free SimPoints to find out that game doesn't like it and keeps trying to give my sim fashion tips.
Meet Yam Yam, with the closest attempt to a superhero pose I could get:
All she really needs now is a mace and shield, along with a decent profession to kick some Guardian butt! But sadly reality kicked in and the sims has yet to release their MMO customisation expansion. (Wouldn't that be awsome!) Oh another thing this game is missing: HEIGHT! Come on! I'm only 5'2" (nearly) and I like to play with characters that suffers the same pain as me (except my nelf... I wanted to be tall ='[ )
Anyhoo, Yam is completed and it was time to get her a first time appartment. Now this is the point where I mention again that no cheat has been entered into the game so she will actually have to get a job to earn moneys. The situation is that Yam is a young adult, no skills whatsoever and an ambition to creature 3 monsters - so new apartment... what better way than to celebrate than to make your first meal: waffles:
Yes! It did just happen! ~Waffle making joy ~ POW! *Fire* ... This was also the point at which a fire alarm was still yet to be purchased! So yeah ~ crazy crazy running around then call the fire brigade. Half the kitchen had to be replaced - that is what you get for getting a cheap apartment so you could buy yourself a pretty decent pc! Luckily Yam has the daredevil trait which apparently makes her get an adrenalin thrill when crazy things happen and she tends to love fire - welcome to your new home darling!
A few nights later she got robbed... only the freshly replaced oven was nicked... and a burglar had also not been installed... /facepalm
Oh! and the silly little paper girl had the cheek to tell me off!
Who really reads the newspapers when you have a pc installed? Shame you don't get rewarded money for being a good citizen and recycling the mess little miscreants leave behind.
Okay, as a small sum up of a possible part one of Yam's new life: she has a job in the science career path, and if it wasn't for the joy of books - attempting to learn the gardening skill in an apartment building is quite interesting. So many things have broken she also is half way to maximum skill points in handiness due to the stupid amount of broken sinks, toilets, and showers - damn you money savers!
I'll think about it - but another part may appear at some point in the future... but again thank you for your attention.

Toodles for now.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment