Sunday 17 July 2011

Rift: Phase 4

Okay, yes this is a little late as we got Phase 4 yesterday (about 4pm UK time if I remember correctly).
Anyway, the usual happened as we've seen with the past few Phases. You get a few new daily quests, another quest that sends you to Moonshade Highlands (again for a single hand-in) just to show off their new guns that they've recently built, and finally the next set of items available from the event manager now that Phase 3 has finished.
The main thing that is annoying me about this event is that it keeps telling you to 'Visit the Runeguard in your capital city'. That is it. It would be nice that we could have a little more direction than being pointed to continuous dailies. I also believe that I really needed to pay attention to The Faceless Man when we visited him in Phase 3, I honestly didn't realise that we'd defeated Jornaru already... But oh well...
Anyhoo ~ Phase 4 brings in plenty more death themed dailies and not just that, they decide that the world doesn't look themed enough.
Originally my characters were on EU-Icewatch which was a fairly small shard but I could easily get away with running around on ultra all day long without and frame rate problems. Since then I joined my guild in moving to Blightweald hoping that moving to a more English populated server recruitment would pick up. The problem now is that as there is so many more people on this server I find it very rare when I could easily run around Meridian on ultra without having a loading screen multiple times. But enough of my sob story, above you can see two images of (almost) the same scenery... (I fell off my rock...) As you can see it's very dark and foggy and you can see bloody nothing! I mean I'm blind in real life and I find this just as difficult as walking in the dark with no glasses on - I really need to start eating more carrots. But yes, this new 'creepy' misty effect definitely makes the mood more grim along with the dailies. At least it isn't as bad as winter in Realm of the Fae, right?
Another scenery addition they have made as well as the fog is the cute little misty effect on the floor. Oh and also those weird death hooky claw things have decided to pop up everywhere as well, which does include the main cities. Luckily you could buy Touch of the Abyss in Phase 3 - you really need the ability to glow bright blue so your friends can see you. Oh and the cute glowing eyes of the Happy Seacap helps as well =3

Toodles for now.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment